End date: 18 February 2010
The aim of the game (found here): Complete 101 preset tasks over 1001 days.
Tasks must be: specific (unambiguous); realistic; represent some effort; and have a result that is either measurable or clearly defined.
60 tasks down, 41 to go.
Lexicological — writing
- Complete a crossword a week for twelve weeks. (12/12)
- Write a book review for Chaff.
- Write a feature for Chaff — no personal hobby-horses.
- Write a column for Chaff for twelve weeks.
- Enter the Sunday Star-Times short story competition.
- Enter the BNZ short story competition. (Complete: 27.06.2008)
- Get two NaNoWriMo novels self-published through CreateSpace.
- Get a short story published in Takahe.
- Complete Script Frenzy. (Complete: 20056 words)
- Write a non-fantasy NaNoWriMo novel. (Complete: 30.11.2007)
- Finish a first draft of 100,000+ words.
- Query a novel with a publisher/agent.
- Read all Jane Austen novels/novellas.
- Read all books in the BBC Top 100 list (33/100).
- Read/sell/give away all my books. (135 left)
- Complete a French or Russian course.
- Complete my Russian textbook. (6/90)
- Read all of the short stories that Jo gave me in Russian.
- Include a word from SPBoW in a Chaff article.
- Learn to swim. Swim the length of a swimming pool.
- Hand in an assignment at least three days early.
- A semester with no late assignments.
- Get an "A" grade for a paper. (Complete: Sem 1 2007)
- Graduate with a double major.
- Sort out my Unsorted folder. (2771/4005 files sorted)
- Have bought all of my music. (Complete: 05.11.2007)
- Reinstall Windows.
- Download my diaryland entries. (417/417: 06.06.2007)
- Back up Personal folder.
- Single-handedly change a tyre.
- Mow a lawn.
- Help finish painting Dan's house.
- Sort out boxes of papers and random junk in my room.
- Keep my desk and floor tidy and clear for a week.
- Move out of Joy's.
- Get a cat from the SPCA.(Complete)
- Get a manicure.
- Get a facial.
- Get a massage.
- Get a tattoo.
- See a professional stage-show.
- Go to a live concert of a really good artist or band.
- Go indoor rock-climbing again — and get to the top again!
- Complete massage course.
- Transplant roses, rhododendrons and chrysanthemum.
- Not cry for four consecutive weeks.
- **** ****** *********.
- Go overseas. Australia doesn't count.
- Bake a Russian "bird's milk" cake — птичье молоко.
- Bake biscuits by myself.
- Cook a roast by myself.
- Make jam!
- Make a large shirt into a skirt or smaller top for me.
- Complete ceramics course.
- Complete belly-dancing course. (Complete: 18.06.2007)
- Make sushi.
- Make spring rolls.
- Knit something wearable.
- Mend my black trousers = sewing = arghhh!
- Sew button onto white work shirt.
- Use all seven letters in Scrabble! (Complete: 20.06.2007)
- Learn to play chess and beat Dan. (lost 1/1 game so far)
- Get a nice frame-able photo of me and Dan.
- Get a nice framed photo of my family.
- Go out on the town at least six times in four months.
- Visit Mum and Dad twice (Christmas doesn't count).
- Go for a walk with Dan twice a week for eight weeks.
- Play a game of cricket with my little brother.
- Have a "date night" with Dan every week for twelve weeks.
- Write four letters to Grandma and Granddad.
- **** ** ****** *** **** * **** ****.
- Start on family tree: at least 200 individuals .
- Go skiing.
- Stepper — 3-5 times a week, for eight consecutive weeks.
- Skip 100 times in a row with skipping-rope.
- Start yoga again — twenty minutes a week for eight weeks.
- Use the Wii Fit for thirty minutes a day for eight weeks.
- Join gym — burn 1000 calories a week for eight weeks. (8/8)
- Have confidence/legs/tan to start wearing shorts to gym.
- Eat red meat weekly for eight weeks. (Complete: 11.07.2007)
- [Raw fruit] a day keeps the doctor away; 56 days.
- Finish that plaque-fighting stuff my dentist gave me.
- Brush teeth three times a day for 56 days.
- Get an eye exam/contact lenses.
- Write a letter to my MP.
- Get a part-time job while studying. (Complete: 27.05.2008)
- Once graduated, get good, full-time, ongoing job.
- Do ten phone/support shifts at Youthline.
- Take a call at Youthline.
- Donate fifty good-condition items to a charity (e.g. Red Cross).
- Sponsor Francis for twelve consecutive months. (12/12)
- Send four letters and one photo to Francis. (1/5)
- Send my sponsored child a present on his birthday.
- Once graduated, start monthly donation to another charity too.
- Once graduated, double current savings scheme.
- Have $x in savings account.
- Buy/get installed a car CD head unit. (Complete: 04.07.2007)
- Sell my motorbike. (Complete: 27.05.2008)
- Buy a new pair of shoes.
- Purchase Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
- Buy and frame a nice painting.
- Celebrate by going somewhere nice for dinner. (Not official goal, but it better happen.)
Mental/Educational — scholarly, reading, linguistics
Domestic — home life
Personal — just for me
Creative — arts and crafts
Social — friends and family
Physical — health and fitness
Professional/Societal/Financial — job, society and moolah
Material — possessions (complete)