I now have to do the age-old Show-and-Tell of birthday presents... the ones that most stood out were:
- A car stereo from my mommy and daddy
- A compilation of short stories by Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy and the like — the original stories printed in Russian on the left-hand pages and the English translation on the right-hand; and with a rather helpful vocabulary list at the back! from the estimable Jo
- The Devil's Dictionary, from Darcy: a dictionary of normal words... and definitions that suit its original title: The Cynic's Word Book. Example definition:
History, noun. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.
- A white gold-and-diamond ring for my index finger from Dan — I'd drooled over it a few months ago but decided I couldn't afford it, and he got it for me! It has ten tiny diamonds side by side, and is so beautiful....
- An mp3 player from Dan as well! It has video, radio, MS word capability, photos, motion-sensitive games (not dissimilar to the infamous WII!), and so forth... it interacts with my camera (that Dan bought me) and my computer and comes with three different USB cords so I can plug my USB drive etc into it... I love my mp3 player so much. It's so beautiful and shiny and new and functional!