Thursday, 24 July 2008

Heartland 1000

The Heartland 1000 competition is a nation-wide short story competition, with a $1000 prize for the best short story of up to 1000 words. The closing date is 30 September 2008; you can enter unlimited stories.

Entries cost $10 each, and are judged by novelist William Taylor. You can email for further conditions and an entry form, but that's basically it: $1000, 1000 words, $10 fee, and closing 30 September.

Now I'm off to hunt through my Writing folder (which I still haven't backed up) for an 800-word story I wrote recently; and to hope feverishly that the file hasn't corrupted (as has happened with three other files so far, one of them beyond repair). I think I lost about 20 files, but hopefully nothing too important. As long as my recent writing is intact, I'm happy!

No comments: