Friday, 2 May 2008

May goals

I was reading the estimable Kerryn's blog earlier today, and her April goals inspired me. I'm surprised I've not thought of setting myself monthly goals before, especially since I now have my 101 tasks to aim for. So I've decided to achieve the following in May:

#3: Write a feature article for CHAFF.
#4: Write a column for CHAFF for twelve weeks.

#6: Enter the BNZ short story competition.
#19: Include a SPBoW word in a CHAFF article.
#20: Include a Devil's Dictionary definition in a CHAFF article.
#21: Hand an assignment in at least three days early.
#25: Sort out "Unsorted" folder.

#26: Reinstall Windows.
#29: Back up "Personal" folder.
#31: Mow a lawn.
#33: Sort out boxes of crap.
#34: Keep my desk/floor tidy for a week.

#37: Get a manicure.

#60: Change a tyre.
#69: Write to Grandma and Granddad.

#98: Sell my motorbike.

I also intend to make progress toward other goals:

#8: Submit a story to Takahe.
#14a: Read Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons.
#14b: Read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
#14c: Read The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel.

#14d: Read The Godfather by Mario Puzo.
#14e: Read The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.
#14f: Read On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
#15: Organise and begin reading/selling unread books.

#16: Attend each of my Russian course classes.
#62: Play Dan at chess.
#75: Use the stepper.
#79: Join and attend gym.

#81: Eat raw fruit each day.
#82: Use that plaque-fighting stuff my dentist gave me.
#92: Write Francis a letter.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

That's a very substantial list! Can you imagine how good it would feel to look back at the end of the month and see that you've achieved all that? That feeling will get you through. :)

I look forward to reading about how you went.