Wednesday, 10 September 2008

NaNoWriMo approacheth

I can't wait for NaNoWriMo.

Each year, lately, I lose a little more enthusiasm; wonder if it's worth doing again; sigh over the sleep I'll lose.

Not so this year. This year, my subconscious decided to give me a story idea. That's right, ladies and gentlemen: It came to me in a dream.

Sadly, because my first exam is on 1 November, I won't be able to do my usual stay-up-till-midnight-and-see-if-I-can-be-the-first-person-in-the-world-to-post-a-word count (last year I tied with one other person).

But the good thing about my exams is that this year they end on the 5th; last year I wasn't able to start till halfway (literally) through November, and ended up having to write 50,000 words in 18 days.

The other awesome thing is that this is my last semester. Done! Gone! Finit! Therefore, after exams I will have NO STUDY to do after work; I will have hours and hours and HOURS to devote to NaNoWriMo. Having done summer semester for the last two years, I really haven't had a break from studying since summer 2005/06. It feels great to be almost done with that, as much as I honestly do love studying. But I'll actually have a holiday! Eee! Not from work, which is pretty mindless anyway, but from study; my evenings and weekends will be mine, all mine!

And in other fantastic news, I got 96% on my first sub-editing assignment. Y'know, the paper where you have to be incredibly anal over punctuation and grammar and everything... 96%! That's an A+, baby. Only one other person even got an A. And I got ninety six percent.

On a side note, when I apologised for missing our last tutorial, our lecturer said they'd missed me... because she'd forgotten her dictionary! I don't know if that's really a good thing....

And Dan's comment about my 96%? "You know this means you're 46% more anal about punctuation than you need to be...."

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

Lol. I love Dan's comment. I guess that's what boys are for. :)

Congrats though!