Thursday, 4 June 2009

#PODfail

I didn't finish my first draft in time, so I didn't get a free proof copy of my 2008 manuscript. I mean, I finished the manuscript the previous day, did a very-very quick edit and sent it in about 12 hours before the deadline... but the files weren't approved on time, so no proof copy for me.

The good news is that, foreseeing this eventuality, I'd already uploaded files for my 2003 manuscript (the one I already have a copy of), so currently winging its way to me is the second proof copy of a book I already own and don't really need another copy of. Any takers?

I'm not as disappointed as I maybe should be, though. I didn't care too much that my 2003 manuscript was rough, because I like it as it is, and I don't want to do anything more with it. My 2008 manuscript has potential, and if I'm going to get it printed, I want a good copy of it printed. A cover that wasn't rushed through at the last minute (although Dan still did an excellent job of it); a restructured, rewritten, properly edited manuscript.

So now I'm hoping they offer a free voucher again this year for NaNoWriMo, so I can get a free copy of my manuscript then. In fact, that might work out pretty well, since this year for NaNoWriMo I'm planning to write a sequel to my 2008 manuscript... a two-book volume, perhaps?

And I'll leave you with this version of "Can I have this dance" from HSM3, which I found through this writer's blog, and thought was too good not to post. I don't actually like either HSM3 or any of the songs in it, but this singer, Sam Tsui, turns the song into a really beautiful one.

No comments: