Thursday, 4 March 2010

Another award for Heather Kavan

Let's take one moment to acknowledge the success of a very good teacher and an extremely kind person: my former lecturer, Heather Kavan, has won yet another award, this one for speech-writing.

Heather is a very talented and intelligent lecturer, and one of the kindest and most helpful teachers I've had. Her specialty is speech-writing, and I've heard many students rave about her speech-writing class; I haven't taken that one, but I took one other class of hers, and it set me on the career path I'm on now. I can say, without any hyperbole, that without that paper, I would never have thought of choosing this career path, and I'm already so glad I have. Without it I'd no doubt still be drifting, unsure of what I really wanted to do, wanting to use my "skills" and degree in some nebulous way, and increasingly frustrated at my inability to find a practical career that I really think I'll be great at.

So thanks so much, Heather, and congratulations on yet another well-deserved award.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore your writing choice, very interesting.
don't give up and also keep posting due to the fact that it simply worth to look through it.
impatient to browse additional of your current articles, thanks ;)